SPAGHETTI WITH VEGETABLE SAUCE

100 grams spring onions
1 clove garlic
225 grams carrots / vegetables of choice
2 tablespoons olive oil
250 ml chicken/ vegetable stock
3.5 liters water
Salt and freshly milled white pepper
225 grams spaghetti
350 grams mushrooms
4 tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnishing

Method

-Trim, wash and chop the spring onions.
-Finely chop the garlic.
-Scrape, wash and chop the carrots.
-Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the spring onions and garlic. Add the carrots and fry for a few minutes, add the stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
-Bring the water to the boil with a generous sprinkling of salt, add the spaghetti, stir and boil for 12-13 minutes in an open pan. Drain the spaghetti.
-Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
-Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, then chop. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the vegetable sauce and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
-To serve pour the sauce over the spaghetti and sprinkle with parsley.

1 comments:

  • This looks and sounds sooo good! I will have to try this. I love to cook and, honestly, I could not live without my parsley!! I swear, I panic when I start to run low. I would probably have a full blown heart attack if I ever really did run out! Great recipe.

Post a Comment